Our Shazam Review
Shazam took a simple problem, not being able to identify that song you heard at the grocery store/on the phone/on that television show, and solved it with an innovative solution. Shazam has a database of songs and it identifies them for you with just the click of a button.
Pros and Cons of Shazam Mobile App
Shazam is near unique in its features, which makes it a great option. However, here are some of the downsides.
Great things about Shazam:
- Visual as well as audio recognition: You can hold your camera up to a poster to learn who the artist is.
- Integration with other platforms: It’s easy to add songs to Spotify or create stations based on them in Pandora.
- Follow your favorite artists: Watch your favorite singers discover new music themselves!
- Offline mode: Even if you have no network connection, offline mode lets you capture songs for later identification.
The not-so-great things:
- Can drain the battery: Location is frequently used on the Shazam app, and if you’re not careful, this can take your battery down very quickly indeed.
- Shaky audio detection: The volume can sometimes be an issue with Shazam depending on the type of device you have.
Click here and find out what the other new apps for Apple you can download now!
Other Identify Music App
Shazam’s features make it quite unusual on the market, so if you’re looking for something else similar, it can be hard to find. However, TrackID provides some of the same features, including the basic music identification function. It’s always a pain when you don’t know that song you’re looking for, so check out an app to help you now!